What is SEO?
June 21, 2017
If you are searching for an answer online through a search engine, do you scroll all the way to the bottom of the tenth page for an answer? You probably only peruse through the first handful of website links that appear to discover your answer to the question. Companies have found a process that ensures their business information is within the first to be listed. Catskill Marketing understands this SEO keyword science is vital to an organization’s website traffic.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of enhancing websites to make them reach a higher position in a search engine’s results list. A search engine is essentially a robot that searches based on certain criteria. All aspects of a website tie into SEO factors considered by search engines. A websites design, content, and website speed are all considered when calculating search engine placement.
Basic SEO Guidelines:
- Website Importance – A website’s content, structure, management style, and infrastructure act as the meat of the sandwich, while the social media and paid links are only the mayonnaise; you cannot have a sandwich without the bulk of the meat factored in
- Search Engines Rely On – Content of text and titles on a page, performance of how a website operates, authority to cite and reference your website, and user experience based on the site structure
- Search Engines Do Not Like – Keyword overuse on a page, or poor user experience meaning a website is difficult to navigate
- Optimize Multiple Channels – Not only should a website include keywords and phrases, but other means should as well such as Facebook and Instagram
- Be Consistent – Keep the name of your business spelled and under the same domain name, so consumers do not get confused when looking for a business
To fully maximize website traffic and revenue opportunities, one must always consider the essentials of search engine optimization (SEO). At Catskill Marketing in New York, our duty is to establish your website design with SEO tactics included. Thus, your website will be published and appear higher on the list of search engine results. Catskill Marketing creates websites with keyword research, onsite optimization, link building, and a report of website analysis.
April 25, 2018
April 25, 2018